Thursday, October 9, 2014

MIM #183

MAKE IT MONDAY CHALLENGE
HEAT EMBOSSING OVER DRY EMBOSSING
As usual, I was not thrilled with my first attempt to channel the beautiful artwork of Dawn McVey as seen on the MIM video this week.  Now this is not necessarily a bad thing, because it gives me the opportunity to make the cards for upcoming occasions and Holidays  :-) 
I will be sending a few Thanksgiving cards out to family and friends so....
Click on photo for more details

Pulled out one of my first PTI stamp sets "Fall Elegance" 
which I still love btw! 
I embossed the pumpkins with Spiced Marmalade and Shabby Shutters  distress embossing power by Tim Holtz..
PTI Stamper's Select White card stock panel is embossed with a chevron (zig zag) EF from Lifestyle Crafts The pattern paper is from DCWV Citrus Stack
The die cut leaves are from Spellbinders "Foliage Two"

7 comments:

  1. Very pretty Helen. Lots of great elements and colors in this card! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks wonderful Helen, love the fall elegance stamp. Light blue and orange is a pretty combo.
    Your old age comment made me laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Helen! The pumpkins and embossed background look wonderful! Great take on the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just a happy sweet card Helen! I love every tiny detail : )

    Have a great weekend!!

    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute image on a wonderful background.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Never would have thought to put light blue with orange, but I love the combination. What a sweet Thanksgiving card, Helen! Great idea using the chevron EF.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I never think to use blue on a Thanksgiving card, but I love the look!

    ReplyDelete