Thursday, March 14, 2013

MIM #107-Clear Card

There is another great challenge this week at Papertrey Ink.  

Nicole's video shows us how to make a card on clear cardstock. She used her Copic Markers to color in her images, but said we could use whatever color medium we wanted.  
I have never made a clear card before, but it's a Make It Monday Challenge ~ so how could I NOT try it? ;-)






My card has a few extra layers, I liked the colors of the three panels under the stamped images.
Love the new PTI Bountiful Banners coming this month, so I made my own, stamped Happy Birthday and folded under each side propping the center up.
Used my computer to print a personal note on one of the inside panels and a handwritten message on the back of the front cover.  
I tried perfecting the two-toned stamping on my images :), popping the flowers up with mounting squares and glued the leaves down flat curling the edges up a bit.

( had to blur up the inside, just in case my friend who is getting this is peeking in)


Stamps:  Rosie Posie by PTI;  Happy Birthday from Die-namics
Dies:      Rosie Posie by PTI
Cardstock and blingy gems from Recollections

5 comments:

  1. Helen this is beautiful! Looks like you WONT need the new set that goes with RP . Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun card. I like all the layers, and you really did a great job with the colors on your roses. Well, I guess you won't need to get that new banner set, since it looks like you are fine without it, right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful Helen! I haven't tried this challenge yet~but hope to soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wonderful card! Beautiful coloring with the Rosie Posie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card. Great colors. Love your banner and bling.

    ReplyDelete