Sunday, March 10, 2013

MIM #106

Here is another card for MIM - Two Toned Stamping on Flowers Challenge.  Check it out HERE
I wasn't too sure about this technique at first, but seem to be likin' it a little more each time I try it :)

PTI products used:  Sunflower stamp and leafy stem from Rosie Posie; base card is Stamper's Select White cardstock

The two tones of color on the flower are Yellow and Terra cotta.  The leafy stem is inked in Metallic Champagne  by Tsukineko
I used a razor cutter to outline  half of the flower petals and from the top down one side and curled them out for a little dimension (see the closeup photo below).
wrapped Baker's Twine around the BoBunny patterned paper and tied on an orange button. The sentiment is from Following my Heart by Unity Stamps

7 comments:

  1. Lovely color combo! That metallic is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am loving these colors! And the Rosie Posie bloom is fantastic with the technique. Love the button and twine - perfect touches. Nice job! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, this is AWESOME, Helen!!! I love Rosie Posie and what you did here~fantastic colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Helen! Finally touring some blogs tonight...my laptop is in the shop and I have been missing visiting everyone's blogs! Love your cards for the two-tone flowers. I didn't get to play with this challenge!
    :) Hugs,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for commenting on my blog, Helen. Love your 2-tone stamping. I'll have to give that a try. And the rest of the card is tied in so well - lovely soft colors.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cool technique, Helen. This flower is brilliant! It pops right off the card......very cool!

    ReplyDelete