Thursday, February 9, 2012

Papertrey Ink - Day 5



edited photo to portrait instead of landscape ~ like it better this way :)

Today is Day 5 of Papertrey Ink's Anniversary Celebration.
http://nicholeheady.typepad.com/capture_the_moment/

The contest is to pick one of the team members Pinterest inspiration photos or select your own piece of Pinterest eye candy to use as a jump-start for your very own creation. WOW! There is so much inspiration from the DT in this arena AND you can hit the Pinterest site for waaaaay more :)

Well this turned out different than I had pictured, isn't that always the way?
I chose the colors, butterflies and flourish in the Pinterest photo of a Bookholder for the car. I had the card 'portrait', but photographed it 'landscape', I am sure I will send it out facing portrait and it will be a B-Day card...maybe I need a do-over here :o?

My Card~
Cardstock: heavyweight white card base is PTI and embossed with a woodgrain (look closely to see it peeking out from under :)
Lime Green and Grey are from Recollections
Stamps: Fancy Flourish from PTI; that large fern stamped in
both Chartreuse and Shadow Grey inks is Martha Stewart; the trio of butterflies is an old wood stamp with no name :(
I cut out the largest butterfly and popped it over the original cause you couldn't really see it with the fern showing through.

Thanks for stopping by~

1 comment:

  1. lovely card, helen! it could work for several different occasions, too:) have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete