Saturday, November 27, 2010

Moxie Fab Tuesday Trigger-Snowing Gingerbread



OK, it's November 27th and I am seriously making an effort to create Christmas cards to mail out ON TIME Seriously??? Well, I am going to give it a try :o)

I love this week's Moxie Fab Tuesday Trigger and had a ton of ideas rolling around in my head .... why don't those transfer to paper in the same way, huh?
I was inspired by the pretty photo ~ the white icing on the (brown) gingerbread "snowflake"cookie, thus the snowflakes falling on the brown snow covered houses :o) You still have time to join in at http://www.moxiefabworld.com/2010/11/tuesday-trigger-its-snowing-gingerbread.html

My card (click on the photo for more details) ~
I used Kraft card stock for the base and for the strip under the houses; the aqua blue is a textured paper from Zoophabet 2; and the white is from Georgia Pacific.
Stamp: Hero Arts 'Row of Houses'
Punches: Marvey's 'Snowflake' and Martha Stewart's 'Cornice' border punch
Embellishments: Prisma 'White Glitter'; Stickles "Crystal; white foam stars, rhinestones and pop foam (under snowflakes) all from my stash

Thanks so much for stopping by ~ have a wonderful Sunday!

10 comments:

  1. Perfect for the Moxie Challenge...love the glitz!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely love your sweet, little line-up of houses, Helen! I, too, was, completely, drawn to the colors of this Trigger! You think we're just hungry for gingerbread and icing ;)?! Yea for the holidays! Thanks so much for leaving a kind comment on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your row of frosty gingerbread houses! Beatiful card! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cozy and cute! Love that sparkle and a great take on the Trigger!

    ReplyDelete
  5. helen, your little houses are so sweet! love the blue with the kraft,-such glittery cuteness:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card, Helen! Your village is so nice and wintery and love those snowflakes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute, cute, cute...Helen! Love the houses and the snowflakes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Helen,
    Love this take on the Trigger! The flakes look as if they're really falling in the foreground of the picturesque scene. Thanks for sharing,
    Bethann aka PawwPadd
    Over the next month, I'll be loading a lot of men's cards. Come check my blog out when you can.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Helen! What a fun approach to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! Thanks so much for playing along! :)

    ReplyDelete