Monday, May 24, 2010

Moxie Fab - Tuesday Trigger- Vintage Pink and Blue Dishes



This is Moxie Fab World's Tuesday Trigger "Pink and Blue Dishes" by Alicia Thelin. Love the color combo and think the Pink looks more Peachy Coral, so my card was created with this peach and blue and white. I made my own background paper (polka dots) and used the Emboss Resist Technique. I like how it came out and think it can be used for different occasions.

My Card ~
Card stock: Blue, Peach, Kraft from Basic Grey, White from Martha Stewart
Stamps: Solid wildflowers is from "Just For Fun"; the large polka dots are from Impression Obsession "Cover.a.card" collection
Ink: Ranger's embossing: Ranger's Terra Cotta (sponged over the embossed flowers and edged on the blue mat; Stampabilities' French Blue covered the polka dots stamp
Tools: Cuttlebug "script" embossing folder; Martha Stewart's scalloped edge; Corner rounder from EKSuccess
Ribbon is from Target

9 comments:

  1. hi helen!
    i love your card! you always add such great details--lace border, embossing, sponging--its all very pretty:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That emboss resist looks fab! love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi There Girly,
    Helen, I must tell you I really love the way your floral image seems to float in the center of this card! I had to bring it up closer to see just how you did that!! (smile) I love the subtle embossing on the pink paper also. It actually reminds me of the ruffles on the dishes! Great job once again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty card Helen! Great take on the challenge! Thanks for popping in and saying hello on my blog today!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Helen, what a fabulous color combo. Love your background paper that you made too. Wonderful card, and can be used for so many occasions.

    Hugs
    Sue Drees

    ReplyDelete
  6. Helen, your card is so lovely! I wanted to participate in this challenge, but it just wasn't to be! :) I have always wanted to try the emboss resist technique, but haven't yet. I like your results!
    The new photo on my blog was taken in Atlanta Georgia in a former co-worker and friends garden. He is a photographer, and sent me an entire cd of beautiful butterfly photos he took in his garden. Thanks for all your kind words on my blog! I'll be back! hugs, Rae

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so beautiful Helen, you really captured that photo. What a fun color combo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous color combo and very pretty card!!

    Hugs and greetings from Cocoa ;-)
    Iris

    ReplyDelete