Saturday, February 13, 2010

Papertrey Ink Birthday Bash - Make your own embellishments



Happy Saturday everyone! Hope your weekend is going well and you have some fun scheduled in there. I finished a couple of cards today and wanted to share my idea of "fun" :^P

Today is Day 13 at Papertrey Ink's Birthday Celebration. Of course, Nicole has a challenge in honor of the two new sets of stamps she introduced today. It is to design some type of floral embellishment. It can be as simple or as detailed as you like. After you decide what your design will be, create a card using it AND one acetate sheet of 4-6 of the embellishments to send to/share with a special stamping friend! Great idea, huh?

My card embellishment is a daisy punched flower using scraps of many different DP. I tried using more than 4 punches on each flower, but couldn't get it to look right cause I want to see the colors of each layer. I left the base flat and curled up the edges of each additional flower placed on top and fastened in the center with a flower brad. I made six more embellies in various color schemes and also intend to include a bunch of punched out daisy petals so she can put them together with different centers. Click on the photos for more detailed image and thanks so much for stopping by today.

My card ~
Card stock: Base card is Basic Grey; patterned prints are from Colorbox and CRMarkings; flower patterned and solid papers are from my scraps stash
Embellishments: Pastel and Bright Flower brads from Paper Studio; Metallic lavender ribbon from Celebrate it
Tools: Corner rounder from EKSuccess; 2" Daisy punch from McGill (a gift from my Crafty Friend:)

1 comment:

  1. These are cute flowers! Great job with this challenge!!

    ReplyDelete